Quick answers to some of our most frequently asked questions.
Nickel City Con is Buffalo’s largest pop culture and entertainment event, combining the worlds of comic books, movies, television, graphic novels, toys, cosplay and video games. It’s a family oriented 3 day event that brings the best in the world of entertainment to Buffalo and Western NY. Through Panels, Photo & Autograph sessions NCC gives fans the ability to interact with their favorite characters and creators. But most of all it’s just plain fun!
Friday, May 17 – Sunday, May 19, 2019 at the Buffalo Niagara Convention Center!
Friday, May 17th: 3PM – 8PM
Saturday, May 18th: 10AM – 7PM
Sunday, May 19th: 10AM – 4PM
Attendees that purchased a VIP Experience or a 3-Day Flash Pass get into the show 30 minutes early each day.
Friday: 3:00 PM – 8:00 PM (2:30 PM VIP Admission)
Saturday: 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM (9:30 AM VIP Admission)
Sunday: 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM (9:30 AM VIP Admission)
Artist Alley the best place to meet and greet the artists and writers that make comics great.
Nickel City Con VIP Packages are the best way to experience the show and interact with your favorite celebrities and score some great collectibles as well. One important note to point out is that they do not include your admission into the con for each day – you will have to purchase a separate admission ticket(s). We do this because many attendees want to purchase multiple VIPs and removing the cost of admission keeps our VIP ticket prices low.
That being said- after purchasing your admission ticket, buying any VIP Package will get you in the door early for that ticket day. Or alternatively, if you buy a 3-Day Flash Pass and any VIP Package, you get in early all three days of the con. We tailor our VIP Packages to each celebrity guest to create the best experience – each package will include different items like photos, off site event tickets, special access, etc. Please read each VIP offering carefully to see what is included and what is not. With that said there are a few things that every VIP Package does include like exclusive VIP seating for their particular panel, early VIP entrance for NCC – once combined with the purchase of your admission ticket(s), and VIP line access for auto and photo ops.
Your VIP Package ticket gets you VIP seating for that particular celebrity guest – want to make sure you get into every panel? Check out our 3-Day Flash Pass! This pass gets you 30 minute early entry for all three days of the convention and preferred seating for all celebrity and artist panels. Our main Panel room holds approximately 500 people and last year multiple panels were sold out and at capacity. The only way to guarantee you’ll get into a panel is through a VIP Package for that guest or with a 3-Day Flash Pass which will get you preferred seating for EVERY panel.
We situate our seating for panels as follows:M
• VIP Package ticket holders seated first
• 3-Day Flash Pass ticket holders seated second
• General Admission seated until panel reaches capacity
There are a limited number of VIP Packages and 3-Day Flash Passes available so don’t miss out on your favorite celebrity and grab yours today!
The buying and selling of counterfeit / knock-off / unlicensed materials is not tolerated at Nickel City Con. Bootlegs have no place in the Show. Violation of this rule will result in one and only one warning. A second violation and you’ll be removed from the Show.
At The Show
For the most part, you’re welcome to take still pictures and video at Nickel City Con. Note that recording (including live-streaming apps) and flash photography are not permitted in Panels, Concerts or Screenings. Recording and photos are also not permitted in certain parts of NCC’s Autographing and Celebrity Area. Please understand that Guests may or may not pose for photographs with Fans. Guests have a right to their privacy and if they ask not to have their picture taken, please respect their wishes.
Yes. We attract local & international press including radio, television and web shows.
In purchasing this badge and in consideration for being admitted to the Event, the holder consents to being recorded (by audio, visual and/or other means) for exhibition and exploitation by any means in all media now known or hereafter devised worldwide in perpetuity. Holder also hereby: (1) releases Dave & Adam’s Card World from any liability for loss or damage to persons or property, infringement of any right or any other claim or course of action of any kind; (2) authorizes and permits Dave & Adam’s Card World and its designees which include but are not limited to all sponsors, exhibitors and contractors to use and authorize the use of his/her name, voice, likeness and all reproductions thereof by any means and in all media now and hereafter know for all purposes worldwide in perpetuity; and (3) agrees to comply with all rules and regulations of the event. Holder agrees not to make any recordings of any kind at designated activities without the express written permission of Dave & Adam’s Card World. We reserve the right to deny entry or remove from the event facilities any person who in our sole and absolute discretion is behaving or threatening to behave in a manner which we reasonably consider to be disruptive of the event.
Due to supply and demand and the limited number of seats available, unfortunately not everyone will get to see all the panels. The only way to guarantee seating for a Panel is buy purchasing a VIP Package for that celebrity – VIP Packages may be purchased here.
Yes, NCC will be clearing panel rooms after each panel.
No – drones are not allowed inside the convention center.
If you have pets, please leave them at home. The Buffalo Convention Center will not allow animals — except for service animals — into the building.
Early-Bird Ticket Pricing is effect for as low as $15.00 a day or $40.00 for all 3 days of the Con. Purchase your tickets in advance and save! Tickets will be more at the door.
Nickel City Con Tickets are available to purchase through the website. In addition, discounted tickets are available at Dave & Adam’s retail location.
All attendees 11 years-old and up need a ticket to attend Nickel City Con. Please note, NCC recommends all children under 18 attend with an adult, and all children under 13 must have an adult with them while at the NCC.
No, an Autograph or Photo-Op Ticket does not include admission. An admission ticket is still required for entry into the show.
Once you purchase a Ticket it is yours to have and to hold forever, well at least until the next NCC. Sorry, we don’t offer refunds on any NCC Tickets.
We’ve put together a list of hotels that are within walking distance of the convention center that can be found here. We’ve also secured a Nickel City Con guest rate so be sure to ask for it when booking your room!
Find a NCC Staff member or Security guard and we will help you locate your missing party. We suggest that when you arrive at NCC you and your party pick a location to meet in case anyone does get lost.
If you’re hurt reach out to the NCC Staff, Crew or nearby Security and we’ll get you the help you need.
Nickel City Con has a ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY for harassment of any kind, including but not limited to:
- offensive verbal comments
- physical assault and/or battery
- harassing or non-consensual photography or recording
- sustained disruption of Panels, signings, and other events
- bathroom policing
- inappropriate physical contact
- unwelcome physical attention
in relation to, but not limited to:
- national origin
- gender identity
- gender presentation
- sexual orientation
- body size
If a person engages in harassing behavior, NCC Staff will take prompt action in any form they deem appropriate, including expulsion from NCC with no refund. Our policy applies to EVERYONE at the convention. Exhibitors, Fans (Attendees), Speakers, Guests, Professionals, Press, Staff, Volunteers and Security are all subject to our Anti-Harassment Policy.
Not yet. Maybe next year.
- All costume weapons are subject to inspection by facility security.
- All costume weapons must conform to state and federal law.
- Projectile costume weapons are not allowed.
- Functional firearms (including soft air guns, BB guns, cap guns, paintball guns and pellet guns).
- Realistic replica firearms (including reproduction, fake or toy guns that can be confused for functional firearms) are not allowed.
- Sharpened metal –bladed weapons (including axes, daggers, hatches, knives, kunai, shuriken, swords, sword canes and switch blades) are not allowed.
- Explosives or chemicals of any kind, including but not limited to smoke powder, sparklers and fireworks are not allowed.
- Blunt weapons (including brass knuckles, clubs and nunchaku) are not allowed.
- Hard prop weapons (including props made of metal, fiberglass and glass) are not allowed.
- Easily identifiable toy plastic guns with no moving parts and that have a clearly visible non-removable orange tip will be permitted. Resin models will be permitted as long as they are marked with clearly visible non-removable orange tip.
- Nunchakus are not permitted. Nunchaku made out of craft materials for cosplay purposes will be permitted as long as it’s not misused. Exceptions otherwise may be made for cosplayers during competition.
Dress Code Policy
- Shirts, clothing, costumes or signs promoting pedophilia or distasteful messages or words are strictly prohibited.
- Proper footwear is required at all times. An exception is made for cosplayers during competition.
- No rollerblades or roller skates. An exception is made for cosplayers during competition.
- Short skirts, kilts, etc must be accompanied by proper underwear. Ineffective underwear or lack thereof constitutes indecent exposure. Offenders may be turned over to law enforcement.
NICKEL CITY CON IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR GUEST CANCELLATIONS.
We work to bring the best celebrity guests to Nickel City Con & Buffalo. This means that our guests are usually in high demand, so inevitably conflicts may arise and guests have to cancel. We will refund any VIP, Photo Op or Autograph tickets purchased but we do not offer any returns or refunds for NCC admission tickets.
Nickel City Con has become one of the largest ticketed events at the Buffalo Convention Center, and we want as many people as possible to enjoy the Con, however, due to building capacity regulations we have to set limits in every category of tickets. We NEVER sell above the building capacity and we never will. We work closely with local officials, and the Convention Center to ensure a safe environment for all our guests.
It is impossible to predict when a ticket category will sell out. Tickets sales from year one to year two nearly tripled, and several panels at last years show reached maximum capacity. We highly recommend you don’t wait and purchase your tickets today.
Buying your tickets in advance does the following:
- Guarantees that you will be able to enter the show
- Guarantees that you will get your tickets at a discounted rate (ONLY IF PURCHASED BY THE SPECIFIED DATE)
- If you are lucky enough to purchase the limited quantity 3-Day Flash Pass, you will be able to get in ½ hour early each day before general admission.
If Tickets sell out: Our only option when this happens is to only allow those into the building that pre-purchased tickets. Others will have to wait outside until the building capacity drops or purchase tickets for a different day. We highly recommend you don’t wait and just purchase your tickets today.
If you did not buy in advance, you may still come to the show but with the understanding that you will have to wait outside until the the number of attendees inside the building drops below capacity before more tickets can be sold.
We strongly encourage you not to wait until the last minute to purchase your tickets. We appreciate our customers and thank you for understanding.
Management shall have sole discretion in any matter that it believes may affect public safety or be important to protect the integrity of the event. We will perform bag checks of attendees.